Systane Solution for Dry Eyes
Dry Eye Syndrome
Dry eye syndrome, which is also known as keratoconjunctivitis sicca, is a condition where the eyes do not make enough tears, or the tears evaporate too quickly. This can lead to the eyes drying out and becoming inflamed (red and swollen).
Signs & Symptoms of Dry Eye Syndrome
dry or sore eyes
eyelids stuck together when you wake up
Treatment for the Dry Eye Syndrome
Dry eye syndrome is usually not a serious condition, however there is no treatment that will cure the symptoms permanently. Range of treatments can control your symptoms.
Mild to moderate cases of dry eye syndrome can usually be successfully treated using eye drops that contain 'tear substitutes', a liquid that is designed to mimic the properties of tears. City Eyes stock Systane and Systane Ultra solutions, and Clens 100 for contact lens wearers.
It is also possible to make changes to compensate for environmental factors. For example, placing a humidifier in your home to reduce dryness, or changing your work habits to rest your eyes.
Severe cases should always be discussed with an optometrist, who will suggest a suitable treatment.
Contact us for more information on how to treat the dry eye syndrome.
Read more about dry eye syndrome on Wikipedia:
- Hi-Tech Optical Equipment
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Eye Examination
- Ortho K Consultants' Website
- Ortho K Lenses
- Ortho K Blog
- Computer Eye Strain
- Glasses and Overlays for Visual Stress, Dyslexia or Migraines
- Regular, Bespoke & Multifolcal Contact Lenses
- Designer & Bespoke Glasses
- Solutions, Supplements & Natural Remedies for Eyes
- Soft Daily Wear Contact Lenses
- Extended Wear Contact Lenses
- Disposable Soft Contact Lenses
- Planned Replacement Contact Lenses
- Rigid Gas Permeable Contact Lenses
- Systane Solution for Dry Eyes
- Naturals Ophthalmics: Allergy Eye Drops
- Natural Ophthalmics: Ortho K Treatment Eye Drops
- Natural Ophthalmics: Women's Dry Eye
- Natural Ophthalmics: Oral Absorption Spray
- Eye Conditions
- TV appearance
- Call 0207 638 6192