What is Meibomian Gland Dysfunction?
When the eyelid glands, the eyes, and the eyelids are all working normally, then you are not aware of your eyes on an hour by hour basis. When the normal function of the eyelids is disturbed, then symptoms arise which cause you to be aware of your eyes on a daily, hourly or even minute by minute basis. When your eyes are constantly uncomfortable it is very difficult to concentrate on anything else – this is mainly because of (MGD), and it can be made worse by prolonged use of computers, air conditioning, heating, etc.
The consultant at City Eyes recommends the use of specialised eye wipes (Supranettes), eyedrops (Systane), and an eyebag, as they can help in restoring the normal function of the eyelid glands.
- Hi-Tech Optical Equipment
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Eye Examination
- Ortho K Consultants' Website
- Ortho K Lenses
- Ortho K Blog
- Computer Eye Strain
- Glasses and Overlays for Visual Stress, Dyslexia or Migraines
- Regular, Bespoke & Multifolcal Contact Lenses
- Designer & Bespoke Glasses
- Solutions, Supplements & Natural Remedies for Eyes
- Eye Conditions
- TV appearance
- Call 0207 638 6192