Dyslexia is a learning disability that affects between 5 and 10 percent of the polulation. A person with dyslexia has a difficulty with 'decoding' words when reading or expressing themselves when writing. The problems can vary from phonological awareness, phonological decoding, orthographic coding, auditory short term memory, or rapid naming (www.wikipedia.com). Dyslexia can take mild or more severe forms, and symptoms vary from person to person.
The most common are:
- slow reading and writing speed
- spelling problems
- problems with reading fluency and organised and clear expression when writing
- problems understanding new and difficult words
- poor organization and time management
- avoiding reading and writing when possible
Dylexia and Colorimetry treatment
Treatment with coloured overlays or tinted lenses can be used to alleviative some of the symptoms of learning difficulties such as Dyslexia, and make them easier to cope with.
There is also a large percentage of children and indeed adults who are not identified as being Dyslexic but still suffer with similar symptoms. The appropriate coloured overlay or Precision Tinted Lenses can also help this group of individuals.
It is therefore important that overlays should not be reserved only for those pupils who have been “statemented” or identified as being in need of specific help. They should be available to any child who does not naturally like to look at books.
Contact us for more information about Colorimetry treatment for people suffering from Dyslexia or other related symptoms.
- Hi-Tech Optical Equipment
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Eye Examination
- Ortho K Consultants' Website
- Ortho K Lenses
- Ortho K Blog
- Computer Eye Strain
- Glasses and Overlays for Visual Stress, Dyslexia or Migraines
- Regular, Bespoke & Multifolcal Contact Lenses
- Designer & Bespoke Glasses
- Solutions, Supplements & Natural Remedies for Eyes
- Eye Conditions
- TV appearance
- Call 0207 638 6192