Amongst the first ophthalmic opticians to adopt disposable contact lens technology, City Eyes specialise in contact lens care.
- STANDARD CONTACT LENSES
Standard contact lenses are split into two types. Soft hydrophilic lenses, or rigid gas permeable lenses. Soft lenses provide vision correction for those with prescriptions outside the range covered by daily disposable lenses. Rigid gas permeable lenses provide better vision and fitting than soft contact lenses for some contact lens wearers. City Eyes provides all leading brands of standard lenses.
Ortho K lenses correct vision without the need for contact lenses during the day.
This is made possible by a specially designed Ortho K contact lens that reverses the power of the cornea at the front of the eye during overnight wear. Once the full effect of the Ortho K process has taken place the eye is effectively 'normal' and can see clearly during the day.
Our practitioner Charles Babumba made an Ortho K related TV appearance on ITV's This Morning in October 2005. You can watch the video on Youtube:
Want clear natural vision all day every dayWho can benefit from Ortho-K?
Ortho K is ideal for low-mid short sighted people who:
- Find soft contact lenses do not provide the comfort required for their life-style
- Take part in leisure activities in which contact lens wear isn't ideal
- Have considered refractive surgery but are concerned about the risks
The benefits of Ortho K are:
- Freedom from contact lenses and glasses during the day
- Only overnight lens wear required
- Comfortable semi-permeable alternative for the correction of short sightedness
- Safe and reversible vision correction therapy without surgery
Requirements for Ortho K:
- A spherical prescription of -0.75D up to -4.50D
- Astigmatism of up to -1.50D
How much does ortho K cost?
- Ortho K is similar in price to wearing a pair of quality daily disposable lenses every day. The lenses require replacement every 6 months to ensure they provide optimum correction.
How do I try Ortho K?
- Book an appointment at City Eyes for a suitability consultation
- If suitable, an eye-mapping instrument will be used and from the data collected lenses ordered
- Progress will be monitored regularly until only 3-6 monthly assessments are required.
Bifocal/Multifocal contact lenses provide good vision for those with presbyopia, (those who are over 40 years old and whose arms appear to be getting longer as they experience difficulties with small print). Available as soft disposable or rigid gas permeable lenses they are supplied by City Eyes as either Acuvue or Frequency Bifocal/Multifocal contact lenses.
These soft lenses correct astigmatism and are available at City Eyes as monthly or daily disposable lenses. At City Eyes Acuvue, Focus, Proclear, Frequency, Focus and Softlens66 branded toric lenses are available.
OTHER TYPES OF LENSES:
- 2 WEEKLY
2 weekly lenses provide greater comfort for longer periods of wear, or for those with sensitive eyelids. All leading brands are available for purchase at City Eyes.
- WEEKLY EXTENDED WEAR
Weekly extended wear lenses are an alternative to monthly extended wear contact lenses and can be worn continuously for 7 days and 6 nights. Leading brands are provided by City Eyes including Acuvue branded lenses.
- MONTHLY EXTENDED WEAR
Monthly extended wear lenses can be worn like monthly non-extended wear lenses and removed each day, or can be worn day and night continuously for up to 30 days. Focus and Purevision branded lenses are provided by City Eyes.
- MONTHLY NONEXTENDED WEAR
Monthly non extended wear lenses are removed and cleaned daily with multipurpose solutions and can be used for up to one month. All leading brands are provided by City Eyes, including Surevue, Focus Monthly, Proclear, Comfort Vue, Frequency and many other brands.
ACUVUE CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE
City Eyes is an Acuvue centre of Excellence practice which ensures our patients will get the right contact lens options to suit their lifestyle and be given the training for fitting and maintenance of their own lenses.
- Hi-Tech Optical Equipment
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Eye Examination
- Ortho K Consultants' Website
- Ortho K Lenses
- Ortho K Blog
- Computer Eye Strain
- Glasses and Overlays for Visual Stress, Dyslexia or Migraines
- Regular, Bespoke & Multifolcal Contact Lenses
- Designer & Bespoke Glasses
- Solutions, Supplements & Natural Remedies for Eyes
- Eye Conditions
- TV appearance
- Call 0207 638 6192